September 30, 2014
Post baby, there are a couple of things to keep in mind while dressing up and I know a lot of new moms must struggle with the same issue. So this blog post is a sharing session of some things that I've learnt.
1. Layer: Loose jackets, capes, lightweight coverups are great ways to hide little bit of weight while also acting as great nursing covers.
2. Button me down: If you are a breastfeeding mother then button fronts are great options when you are out and about. Feeding becomes easy on the go.
3. Shop for dresses and elastic waists: I know a lot of mothers who go on a shopping strike as they wait to lose the weight. But honestly that can be a while and doing this only depresses you further. Buy sensibly and pick dresses and elastic waists that will look good when you shed the weight.
4. Wear comfortable materials: Let the baby and mama breathe with soft cottons, muls and breathable fabrics. This is healthy for you and the child, so be mindful of that.
5. Don't be shy to alter: While you will and should be back to your healthy weight, there is no shame in making adjustments for today. You can't stop living for the moment so take time and alter clothes to fit the current you.
In this post I'm wearing a simple A-line dress while the cotton jacket adds the necessary grunge and colour.
Dress, Mango| shoes, Rohan Arora| bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs| jacket, Zara| sunnies, Flea market
Shot by Rohan Tulpule Photography
September 25, 2014
From the fitting sessions to the finale evening, amanté was part of the LFW magic and opulence. The brand added more colours to the fashion week with the interactive and sensuous Pink Couch. Hosted by supermodel Diandra Soares and singer Mansi Scott, wherein the celebrities were asked to pick a card and describe what makes them feel sensuous, bold, flirty or sporty. Celebrities like Shweta Salve, Anju Modi, Mark Bolton, Carol Gracias, Kanishtha Dhankar, Deepti Gujral, Anjali Vyas, Bikram Singh and Shraddha Musalle got candid on the couch. It turned out to be a fun activity with some very juicy revelations by the guests.
The fun and vivacious hosts offered their guests tarot cards with a twist. The guests were allowed to pick one card that defined their persona. They could choose between being Bold, Flirty, Sensuous, and Sporty. Many celebs spilled juicy details on their experiences in being bold and flirty, on what makes them feel sensuous and how they were sporty on various situations in their lives.
Here's a glimpse of the fun activities.
*Disclaimer: We have been compensated for this post.