October 20, 2014
Here's a quick recap of what I wore the week before I left for Italy. Which outfit is your favourite?
Tank, Asos| blazer, H&M| pants, Matalan| necklace, Vivat| bag, Coach| jutties, Colaba Causeway
Blouse, New Look| jeans, Topshop| waistcoat, Splash| jutties, Chandigargh| bag, Furla| necklace, Goa
Top, Asos| skirt, Promod| flats, Massimo Duttii| bag, Oberoi Mall
Blouse, Fashion Street| pants, H&M| flats, Asos| bag, Furla
Skirt, Nishka Lulla via Perniaspopshop| blazer, H&M| tank, Forever 21| heels, Charles & Keith| clutch, Mini's Boutique
See more of the Photo Challenge here.
September 30, 2014
Post baby, there are a couple of things to keep in mind while dressing up and I know a lot of new moms must struggle with the same issue. So this blog post is a sharing session of some things that I've learnt.
1. Layer: Loose jackets, capes, lightweight coverups are great ways to hide little bit of weight while also acting as great nursing covers.
2. Button me down: If you are a breastfeeding mother then button fronts are great options when you are out and about. Feeding becomes easy on the go.
3. Shop for dresses and elastic waists: I know a lot of mothers who go on a shopping strike as they wait to lose the weight. But honestly that can be a while and doing this only depresses you further. Buy sensibly and pick dresses and elastic waists that will look good when you shed the weight.
4. Wear comfortable materials: Let the baby and mama breathe with soft cottons, muls and breathable fabrics. This is healthy for you and the child, so be mindful of that.
5. Don't be shy to alter: While you will and should be back to your healthy weight, there is no shame in making adjustments for today. You can't stop living for the moment so take time and alter clothes to fit the current you.
In this post I'm wearing a simple A-line dress while the cotton jacket adds the necessary grunge and colour.
Dress, Mango| shoes, Rohan Arora| bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs| jacket, Zara| sunnies, Flea market
Shot by Rohan Tulpule Photography