Common sentiment regarding fitness is that it involves long gym sessions, or 30 minutes of gruelling cardio. I am here to tell you that it is not true at all. Following Fashion Bombay's running fitness theme #LazyGirlsGetFit, sometimes exercises can just be about moving and being a little creative with your workouts. Push yourself to do a mix of these exercises each day, and you might surprise yourself with the results.
Workout while ...
1) brushing teeth - You can do calf raises, squats, lunges. You don't even have to do the reps, simply do them non-stop till you are brushing your teeth. P.S. Ideally you should be brushing your teeth for good two minutes which is plenty of time for either of those exercises.
2) while reading - You can do leg raises, ab flexers, and stretching while reading on a chair or on your bed. Again, don't worry about the reps. Just get in a a good minute or two of exercise in there.
3) while doing chores around the house - Instead of walking from one room to another - dance. Dance while folding laundry. Dance while going to the kitchen. It might sound silly, but I promise you once you start you wouldn't be able to stop and burn a lot of calories without even realizing.
4) taking the stairs - Volunteer to help your family, if that means going up ad down the stairs. It sounds tedious but its a good way to get in some easy cardio. And while you are going up and down the stairs add a little speed to your stride.
5) while watching tv - Hold a pair of hand weights and do some bicep curls. You would be surprised how many reps you will be able to get in. You can also do shoulder stretches, neck exercises, and ab flexers. And if you have the energy then throw in squats, lunges or even jumping jacks during the commercial breaks.
There you have it - you could get in a full body workout without taking out any extra time for it. I describe myself as a fitness enthusiast instead of a fitness maniac as, let's be honest "being a maniac" is not a good title for anyone. Enthusiasm however, can take you a long way. Checkout the video for demonstration and for few bonus exercises you can incorporate in your kitchen and bedroom.
Tanvii.com (previously known as The Fabulous Life of Not-So-Rich & Infamous) is an online resource for women around the globe for easy style inspiration, exchanging life anecdotes and encouragement to just be who they want to be! In other words, Tanvii.com is an eccentric, creative and stylish place for women of all ages.
no images were found
Subscribe for Newsletter