bySonu BohraAug 25, 2016 #Snjoutfits 9 Likes
So What’s The Story:
- The ‘third’ piece is your hero accessory or piece of clothing that adds personality and character to your outfit. Sure, in the peak of summer it gets difficult to add more layers. But here’s my solution: light layers. There’s no such thing as the wrong time to layer it up.
- Everyone can wear a crisp shirt with a pair of trousers. It’s a classic look but also can be oh-so-boring. Your layers are a part of your personality. A part of your unique x-factor.
- The right layer, whether you choose a scarf or a statement necklace or a waistcoat, can enhance your outfit. Imagine a fitted waistcoatto create the perfect hourglass silhouette or add shape to a tent-like shirt or a loose dress. It’s also a cool way to cover your problem areas, especially if you possess an apple-shaped body.
- Layers aren't just for colder weather, although sure they help you in a chilly restaurant; but mainly it’s important to choose the right fabric and fit. The best way to layer during summers is by replacing your thick blazers and jackets with breezy fabrics like linen, cheesecloth and organic cotton. Opt for layers in a loose, draped fit. So look for culottes, palazzos and anti-fit cape jackets for a stylish and breezy style for the hotter months.
- Blah work wardrobe? Dull doesn’t need to be part of the dress code: Jazz that plain white Oxford shirt up with a brightly printed scarf held together by an antique brooch. Or add a pop to your monotone look by shrugging on a feather-light long-line trench coat in cotton, chiffon or lawn – airy and awesome in one easy move.
- For those looking to start light on the layering trend, check out Asos’s collection of dreamy lace bomber jackets, crochet waistcoats or embroidered mesh tops (the absolute perfect addition to a plain bodycon dress to make it more casual and fun). Zara, H&M and Forever 21 are great options too.
- I rest my case with the fashion fact that I cant think of a single fashionista without layers. See Olivia Palermo, Leandra Medine, The Olsen Twins, Anna Dello Russo or Jenna Lyons who single-handedly made adding layers in pops of colour not only chic but also vibrant in any season.
Waistcoat: Amal Al Jamali
Shoes: Aprajita Toor
Bag: Park Lane (sold out), similar
Sun glasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Subscribe for Newsletter