byTeam Fashion Bombay Mar 24, 2014 #Snjoutfits 0 Likes
Your clothes suddenly stop fitting you but in the larger scheme of things it doesn't matter. I can now wear all the jersey and figure hugging materials without worrying about my tummy popping out. It's now legit!
1. Maternity leggings. I like the over the bump styes because they stay in place and also provide support.
2. Maternity jeans: I like a dark wash basic pair to wear with whatever you like.
3. Maternity pants: You get demi styles that sit low and over the bump styles as well. The demi style made me very uncomfortable but some women prefer it, so this is something you have to try on your own.
4. Tops: I always wore very loose styles so till about 6 months I comfortably wore everything I already owned. After that you will need some stretchy material tops that are so much more comfortable than non-stretchy cotton. Also I realised I only like soft cotton and synthetic fabrics make me very uncomfortable.
5. Shoes: In terms of shoes, anything that needs you to bend soon gets annoying. I picked a couple of sturdy flats, open backs, so I didn't have to bend at all.
Maternity wear in general is very bad in India. However this one pair of leggings at Mom and Me were my saviour. Other than that I suggest you order onlinr from Old Navy or H & M. They have great deals and great styles. You have to buy your pre pregnancy size and they do the rest. I you worr US 12 pants you just order US 12 and the maternity wear taked care of sizing accounting for your and the baby's growth.
Subscribe for Newsletter