Both of us are tall and broad framed women, making it very easy to wear a maxi but any shape or size can wear the right maxi and look great in it. Here's a quick guide.
- Wear small prints
- Wear pastels over bold colours
- Don't wear the empire line that starts an umbrella right from the top, let it sit on the bust and then flair or wear a straight maxi instead.
- Don't wear jersey materials
- Wear empire cuts and umbrella silhouettes.
- If you must wear straight silhouettes, break it under the waist (midriff) with a belt or elastic.
- Wear bold prints and bright colours to distract from the midriff.
- Show off your thinnest part like your shoulders in halter and tube styles
- Wear A-line but not dresses that are too voluminous at the bottom.
- You may want to stay away from drape styles and stick to flowing fabrics.
Hourglass (equal curves with a thin waist):
- Wear jersey materials, long slits, broad belts on the waist
- You can experiment with colours and prints but jewel tones and basic solids will make a better impact.