1. If you have a broad midriff, stay away from cropped blazers/ jackets since they tend to lay emphasis on your middle portion.
2. Boyfriend blazer lengths are flattering on most shapes but if you have very wide hips, you must wear something that ends under your waist and is slightly shorter than the boyfriend blazer.
3. Cotton and jersey are good materials for the Bombay weather.
4. Always check the lining on your blazer because it makes a huge difference to the fit and look of the jacket.
5. You don't have to button up your jacket, so buy a jacket that fits you well on the waist, arm holes and shoulder, even if it doesn't button up. A size larger can make you look sloppy.