June 23, 2011
We all know the white shirt as the quintessential basic, but how many of us wear it outside of the blue jeans-white shirt or white shirt-with-high-waist-trousers combination. Here's a fun project in collaboration with FirstRow.in to reinvent the white shirt in many many ways.
The first take:
Jasleen wore her white shirt with a tube dress
- A romantic yet morbid take on the white shirt. The black and white combination is classy and the stone bib necklace with the shiny bead strings in the neck was very old school.
- The satin little orange bag with the lavender kohapuris were my touch of colour and boho.
- If I had to wear this look outside, I would just change the length of the skirt to an ankle or right-above-the-knee length and keep the other things the same.
- A white shirt looks gorgeous with flouncy skirts and fun shapes although the natural instinct is to wear them tucked in with pencil skirts.
- I love mixing Indian footwear with Western wear, I think its perfect to wear with a skirt. For the traditionalists, pumps still stand.
Shirt, courtesy: First Row (Pretty Things)| sweat pants & bag, Mango| heels, courtesy: Paver's England| poncho worn as a shawl, Fashion Street (last worn here)| watch, La Mer
- This look is more fun and ideal for a day out with friends. I added the poncho and wore it as a light-weight shawl to add colour to beat the monsoon blues.- White shirts look great when worn with shorts of different lengths. You can variate between formal and informal with the choice of shorts and footwear.
- Gold sequins shorts worn with tan pumps and a white shirt are abosolutely delicious for evenings, while tan shorts worn with a white shirt and Swarovski gladiators are so chic during the day.
- Many people consider ponchos as a passé trend, I find them rather interesting. They are comfortable, breezy and so dramatic. It makes for a must-have, at least for me.
- For more tips to revamp your ubiquitous white shirt in 7 different ways, read our article on MumbaiMirror.com here.