- Flared bottoms make your hips look narrow.This balances your body and takes attention away from your hips.
- Avoid baggy style, drop crotch styles, pleated denims that add weight around the hip areas.
- Bling, sparkles or any sort of embellishments on the front and back pockets will only draw attention to problem areas.
- Don't wear tank tops, spaghetti and tight t-shirts just because you have a thin upper body. This will only make your lower body look hugely dis-proportionate. Wear short sleeved shirts, one shoulder blouses and tops, ruffles shirts and tops instead.
- Cover the tummy fat with high-waisted jeans that rest just above the navel, NOT right below the chest. An extra wide waistband on the jeans helps control the tummy fat.
- If you want your hips to look less narrow then you can opt for low rise jeans that defines the hips but make sure your love handles are not popping out. If you're a toned apple body then this is perfect for you.
- Pleated styles, baggy styles, boyfriend jeans are perfect for you because this let you balance your wider upper body with your narrower lower body.
- Embellished pockets can also give the appearance of a wider waist if you want to stick to high waist styles.
- The t-shirt and jeans combination is not for you. Wear blouse and tunic style tops.
- The idea is to create a shapely waist so tie styles on the waist, belted jeans are great for you.
- Harem styles, drop crotch styles, Jodhpuris you can experiment with them all.
- Use voluminous materials on the top - sequins, tops with a shine, crepes, silks and satins.
- Flowing long tunics with a thin belt on the waist, wrap blouses and shirts are great for your body type.
While denim shopping try different tops on with the jeans you plan to buy. This gives you an idea if anything is popping out or whether your jeans are really versatile.
Don't by jeans that are one size loose because jeans tend to loosen and take the shape of your body over time. A size bigger or slightly loose jeans will definitely get loose for you later. Buy the right fit, not too tight and certainly not loose.
When buying jeans make sure you check the fit on the crotch, a camel toe or odd fit on the crotch can ruin the look for you.
Ankle length styles are very fashionable but are not for short women. They make the legs appear stubby and short and the hips wider.
If the store houses bags and shoes then try your jeans with different kind of shoes and bags to create a whole look for yourself and it is also a great way to check the length of the jeans.
Don't buy excessively embellished or fake faded jeans that look like they have wet patches on them, they never look cool.
Taking pictures of yourself is also a good way to choose jeans objectively.
Never compromise on the length and fold them in. Alter your jeans by the store or a local tailor to a preferable length.
Light blue, dark blue, white, black, dark wash are some basic colours to have.
Don't follow trends blindly, if bright coloured pants aren't your style don't buy them.