February 08, 2011
We were at the KGF today and ended up wearing two very different looks. While Jasleen stuck to a black and white routine, Sonu went OTT with colours. Here's what we wore.
Sonu wore a colourful poncho with her Oxford
1.It's easy to get over board with colour, try to wear one bold colourful piece and keep the rest very subtle. I chose a bright poncho with basic jeans, with basic gold links and nude oxfords.
2.You see more ponchos some season than others but personally we don't think they ever go out of style. They make great chic and beach looks at the same time.
3. For instance, this poncho could look great for a beach party if worn with shorts and flats. A sequinned hair accessory will get you ready for the party.
4. High heels or boots for those where the weather is cold would instantly glam up this look.
5. Wear it with a belt under the bust or on the upper waist and see the sexy side to a poncho.
6. Also, the best thing about ponchos is that you don't have to worry about problem areas and holiday fat and it still manages to look sexy.
Jasleen wore a maxi dress with kolhapuris
Dress, Forever New| bag, Zara| Footwear, flea market| blouse, borrowed from Sonu| bracelets, Kazo, Tiffany & Co.| necklace, Oberoi Shopping Centre
2. Maxi dresses tend to look better on taller frames but having said that almost everyone can find the perfect maxi dress to suit their body. A petite person can wear small prints instead of a monochrome look and if you have big shoulders and arms pair it with a shrug, a cape or a jacket. I wore mine with a little blouse because I wanted to cover my upper arms.
4. Maxi dresses in a tiered style also look really nice (spotted one in the Mango sale).
5. It's easy to go the boho route with your maxi dress but try something chic instead. A structured blazer like Sonu wore here, a raw silk shirt , a wrap or a scarf can be some ways of accessories.
6. Accessorise your maxi dresses in a comfortable style. Most maxi dresses look nicer with flat footwear, try Oxfords, chappal styles, gladiators or bootie styles. Typically, long links or over-sized bib necklaces make great accompaniments for the maxi dress.